The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued. ~Michelle Obama
Our mission is to help survivors thrive. Thriving unfolds—for survivors, for communities, for all of us—as understanding of how much we are valued grows. Volunteers are a crucial part of conveying to the women we serve just how valued they are. Whatever your gift, whatever your time, know that your generous desire to serve is deeply valued too!
To become a volunteer:
- Fill out the Volunteer Information Form.
- Plan to attend one of our Volunteer Orientation events, offered twice every quarter—once in the evening and once on a Saturday morning.
- If you will have direct contact with survivors with no Thistle and Bee staff present, you will be asked to provide information for a background check.
- You will be notified of opportunities to serve in your area or areas of interest. Check out our volunteer job descriptions.
- If you have questions, or if your plans change, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your interest in Thistle and Bee. We love our volunteers!
Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Schedule
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 – 5pm to 7pm – Venue: TBD
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 – 9am to 12pm – Venue: TBD